Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tips for Packing Light

Yes, I made this myself. 
I spend a lot of my free time traveling, so I've got packing down to an art. I do have to confess that I've shaped my wardrobe based on how well items travel; I look for basics in neutral colors and then add some color with fun accessories.  

Most of my trips are about a week in duration, some less. I never spend more than a month in a place that's not home base (I just haven't had the opportunity, but I'm looking for it). I only bring carry-on luggage.

I like to take a set of basic items that layer well and are multi-functional. Typically, that includes an LBD, a good pair of skinnies, some comfortable boots, and a few tops. I pack accessories that I can use to change things up, and make sure all the pieces I bring can go together, maximizing my outfit choices while minimizing the amount of space I need in a suitcase. 

I only ever bring one pair of heels, relying instead on some comfortable (but still sexy!) basic black flats. I like a pointed toe; it adds a little formality.  

I usually wear my coat on the plane. I'm small, thin and cold-natured — airplanes give me the chills! Plus, a coat is a big ticket item in terms of space. You can always take it off if you don't need it, but it's unlikely you'll be able to unpack your carry-on to get to it if you stow it before you leave. 

I hope this helps!

Sartorially yours,
Caroline the Adventurer

No comments:

Post a Comment