Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Restaurant Review: Katharine and Co. in Beaumont, TX



Hi, world. Caroline here.  Are you in the mood for a food-related bliss-spiral? Because you know I'm always up for that. 

Well, get ready. Katharine and Company in Beaumont is bringing the bliss. 



See that? That is a pork tenderloin sandwich on house focaccia with a curry mayo. (That curry mayo is just to die for.

But don't do anything drastic — you'll want to stick around for sides and dessert. 

Remember that lime soup I had in Mexico? I wrote about it here and here. Well, they serve it. Which is awesome, because I love to eat it, and I hate doing dishes after I make it. Katharine and Co.'s version is  completely delicious and served with fresh avocado slices. Really, buying it was a win-win. 

I also had a Greek salad, which was beautifully plated and featured vibrant fresh vegetables that totally made me not care about eating rabbit food. Just kidding. It was delicious. 

The first time I ever experienced the wonder that is Katherine and Co. food was probably a year or so ago at the Beaumont Farmer's Market, where I had a raspberry bar and Mom, my Saturday-morning brunch date, had a slice of breakfast casserole that sent us into a frenzy of internet stalking. Of course the restaurant, located at 1495 Calder Ave.,  was our go-to destination for her birthday lunch this year. 


The birthday girl
I'm happy to report that everything I tried, including my food and everyone else's, was light fare beyond reproach. The prices are reasonably midrange (about $10 - $15) and I found it well worth a lunch that didn't leave me feeling too guilty about my calorie count. 

You can find the menu here. Next time you're in the SETX area, check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment