Sunday, July 6, 2014

What's in my shopping cart for a trip to Europe?

It's going to be cold where we're going (more on that later), so I've focused on acquiring cold-weather gear that will wear well hiking and walking cities piece-by-piece so I don't get hit with a massive bill all at once. 

What's in my Amazon shopping cart for my next two paychecks? 

Take a peek:


We've already gone over my preference for neutrals in my tips for packing light. Neutrals are great because they're easiest to match, increasing the number of outfits you have by allowing you to combine different pieces.  Therefore, my beanie-of-choice is a white one. It's a heavy knit to keep my head warm.  I also ordered a scarf to match.

The backpack I like. I'm a photographer, so of course I'll be bringing my gear along. I expect to get some great landscapes, and, of course, some great pictures of all of us. But the camera case I have now is cumbersome and heavy. It's a vintage leather Nikon case that I'm really fond of — I've put a bunch of vintage travel stickers on it — but it does not offer much in the way of mobility. I need something that will protect my gear and that I can carry easily.  It's got a cross body strap that should help my ability to drag it along.

I am easily confused by electronics and do not understand  this whole converter business. Bold, underline, underline. Just plain don't get it. But I will need to charge my iPhone 4S (I use it as a mobile alarm clock and note-taking device, though I won't use its phone capacity for the trip because I don't want to pay an international rate). So I'm thinking about buying the Apple set because I hope they'll do the mental heavy lifting for me and not ruin my iPhone, which I will also use to take pictures. 

(If you have any other tips for me in this area, I'd greatly appreciate them. My camera batteries will also need to be charged, although I'm thinking about just bringing extras instead. PLEASE leave a comment. Help a girl out.) 

The anorak I just like as a layering piece. Sometimes I'm such a girl.

I've already been acquiring boot socks, a warm new pair of winter boots, gloves... I'm in the market for a few pairs of good thermals. I'll keep you abreast of my progress. Cross your fingers that the sales are in my favor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment