Saturday, August 2, 2014

Foodtour 2014: Goofing off in Market Square


Greetings from San Antonio! 

Man can't live on bread alone, so I left the hotel on the morning of Day Two looking for entertainment. Also breakfast.

We ended up at Market Square,  a traditional shopping district in downtown San Antone, filled with shops, street food and restaurants.   

I was looking for some margarita glasses, which I had been lusting after since before I was old enough to use them. I have a thing for glassware, and I happened to remember that there was beautiful glassware for sale here. Below is just one pattern. If I can gush, the set I bought is clear glass with blue spirals. I also bought some cracked-glass tumblers.     


My ridiculous obsession with glassware aside, there are plenty of things for sale, from embroidered dresses to the slightly scratchy Mexican blankets I'm also obsessed with. Want a serape? Go here. 


The outside of one of the shops 

Don't know what that is? Go explore. There are also lucha masks and playsets, bracelets, coin purses, oh, everything. 

And if all that shopping makes you thirsty? There are food vendors outside that sell aguas frescas and tacos, even street corn. I bought a watermelon (sandiaagua fresca and sipped as I walked along. Two restaurants, Mi Tierra and Margaritas, are also located in Market Square. 


If you're looking for something pleasant to do on a Saturday morning in San Antonio, this isn't a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment