Friday, November 29, 2013

Adventurer decor: Cool printable maps for your home

Screenshot of a map of Beaumont, TX from stamen.com in watercolor. Stamen.com does not endorse, nor is it affiliated with Caroline the Adventurer in any way. Attribution: Map tiles by Stamen Design, under CC BY 3.0. Data by OpenStreetMap, under CC BY SA. I don't know what any of that means.
Maps.stamen.com is host to some really cool maps in a variety of styles that would look ridiculously cool in your home. The watercolor option is my favorite. 

The one pictured above is of my own hometown, Beaumont. I think hanging a framed map of my hometown in my apartment is a great way to stay close to my roots ... without having to stay close to my roots. 

Other options, including toner (a black-and-white), terrain, and the incredibly convenient trees, cabs and crime are also worth checking out. 

These maps, which can be used creatively in a variety of ways, would be really cool printed (I use Kinko's). But that's not all they're good for... check out the licensing at the bottom of the page to learn more. 

It might make a really cool gift option for the adventurer in your life. Just a hint, Mom and Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment